‘Everyone Exceptional’ Principals Welcome
Leeds East Academy is a vibrant, diverse and welcoming academy community who are committed to securing our highly ambitious vision of ‘Everyone Exceptional’ for every single member of our wonderful school. Over the last three years the school has been on a rapid journey of transformation which has resulted in significant improvements in attendance, progress and behaviour. We received a ‘good’ judgement in our 2019 Ofsted inspection and every member of our community is determined to convert this to outstanding and beyond at our next inspection.
We are proud to be an academy who forms part of the High Performance Learner international community and our vision of ‘Everyone Exceptional’ is underpinned by the principles of High Performance Learner. The principles simply foster the belief that every child can and will perform highly and are able to excel both academically and personally within the right climate and culture. We have worked closely with our academy community to develop a culture and climate in which every child can flourish to provide what we believe is the Leeds East difference. The collaborative work of all our community is forensically focused on;
- Placing positive relationships at the heart of everything we do.
- Knowing our community to remove any barriers they may face so they are able to excel.
- Establishing a highly ambitious curriculum with a resolute focus on the acquisition and independent application of powerful knowledge.
- Providing opportunities for students to deliberately practice the skills, knowledge and expertise they need to develop to be ‘exceptional’ learners and members of society.
- Implementing a highly cohesive and cross-curricular approach to the deliberate teaching of literacy to ensure our young people are confident and fluent writers and speakers.
- Delivering a compulsory extended school day offer which broadens students experiences, provides an elite coaching pathway and the opportunity for targeted bespoke interventions to support academic progress. Our students benefit from an additional two hours of purposeful highly structured curriculum time each week, in addition to what is directed by the Department for Education, when compared with other state schools.
- Instilling in our community a strong set of values which carefully examines the values, attributes and attitudes required to demonstrate each value to an ‘exceptional’ standard.
At the academy you will be supported by a team of dedicated professionals who will work with you to personalise your experience to ensure your time with us is engaging and exciting. One of the many benefits of attending Leeds East Academy is that we have smaller than average class sizes which means your teacher will know you well and will be able to use the very best strategies and techniques to help you learn to the best of your ability. We have the greatest ambitions for your child and professionals at the academy will exemplify this in every interaction. Staff and pupils at the academy benefit from a bright, modern, open plan learning environment, which has fantastic facilities for Performing Arts, Sport, Art and Science.
Our student leaders and school parliament are central to our decision making processes and our community transformation agenda. We were delighted to be recognised for the work of our student parliament when we were awarded the prestigious title of ‘UK Parliament School of the Year’ in May 2021. We are the first school in Yorkshire to receive one of these prestigious awards which celebrates the work of people who connect with communities and engage with democracy to tackle the issues they care about. We could not be prouder of our students for winning this award as it recognises their hard work, commitment and dedication to making a difference in the world.
We are extremely excited about the next phase of our journey and we would be delighted if you want to undertake this journey with us to secure our vision of ‘Everyone Exceptional’.
Leeds East Academy
To experience a snap shot of our amazing school, if you wish to arrange a visit to our academy, please email: -
Emily Hare at firstname.lastname@example.org