Expectations for Excellence
A high standard of personal appearance is expected of all students. Parents and carers should be aware that any student arriving at the academy wearing incorrect uniform can expect to be either sent home to change, or be placed in isolation for the day until a parent/carer can bring the correct uniform.
The academy will not bypass this expectation as a result of receiving notes from parents explaining uniform discrepancies. Exceptions may be considered where notes are supported by a letter from a medical professional.
LEA branded items can be purchased from Uniformity, 3-5 Town St, Farsley, Pudsey LS28 5EN. 0113 256 6020.
- Wear a black blazer with purple piping and academy logo at all times until otherwise directed.
- Wear a white tailored shirt which must be tucked into your waistband with a top button that must be fastened.
- Wear the correct coloured school tie which must be worn with the knot covering the top button of the shirt. Year 11 students must wear a black tailored shirt with a silver school tie. It is optional to wear the school jumper. This can be worn in addition to the blazer, not as a substitute.
- Wear plain black tailored trousers with black socks. Tailored means not tight fitting or figure hugging and not made from stretchy fabrics. Any other style of trouser is not permitted. Jeans, leggings, cut-off trousers or trousers with decorative zips are not permitted.
- If a student chooses to wear a belt, it must be black and have a suitable buckle.
- Skirts are not permitted to be worn as part of the academy uniform.
- Wear completely black leather shoes. Trainers/pumps/canvas shoes/high heels are NOT allowed. All shoes must be free from branding or logos on the upper of the shoes or the edges of the soles. All shoes must have a flat sole and sit below the ankle (not ankle boots).
- Sturdy school bag which you can fit an A4 folder in.
- Outdoor items such as outdoor coats, hats and scarves can be worn to and from the academy; however these should be removed before entering the buildings.
For our female students, skirts are no longer permitted and have been replaced with smart, black trousers. We know from previous years that shops such as Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Marks & Spencer and Asda stock good quality and good value trousers for our students.
Parents should be aware that any student arriving at the academy wearing incorrect uniform can expect to be sent to Seclusion until a parent can bring the correct uniform.
What will not be accepted:
- Extremes in hairstyle and hair colours. i.e. No unnatural colours at all.
- Jewellery is not permitted except one small gold/silver stud in each ear. No other piercing anywhere on the face or tongue is allowed; covering with plasters is not acceptable.
- Students are encouraged to wear a watch.
- Where students arrive at school with excessive make-up, bright eyeliner, lipstick, nail varnish, etc, they will be asked to remove it.
- Nail extensions, Shellac or any other additions to natural nails are not allowed.
- Extremes in hairstyle are not permitted.
If a student is unable to remove any of the aforementioned they will be placed in Seclusion until this is done.
The decision regarding the appropriateness of the above areas of appearance is at the discretion of the LEA Pastoral Team.
PE Kit for boys and girls
- Leeds East Academy branded purple polo top.
- Plain Black tracksuit bottoms
- Black sports socks.
- For indoor games and athletics, appropriate sports trainers should be correctly worn with the laces tied at all times. Leisure or fashion trainers or pumps are not permitted.
- Studded, moulded or bladed boots are expected to be worn by students for football and rugby lessons, training and fixtures.
- Leeds East Academy branded purple polo top.
- Plain black joggers (Girls can wear plain black leggings)
- Leeds East Academy Purple Hoodie
The decision regarding the appropriateness of uniform and appearance is at the discretion of the LEA Pastoral Team.
- Planner – provided by the school
- 2 x Blue or black pens
- Green and Red pen
- 2 x Pencils
- Coloured pencils
- Scientific Calculator
- English Dictionary
- Reading Book
The use of mobile phones is not permitted on corridors or classrooms. Students who bring their mobile phones to school must ensure that their mobile phone is turned off and in the bottom of a school bag. If a mobile phone is seen or being used on a corridor or in a classroom, it will be confiscated for 24 hours or until a parent/carer can collect. Refusal to hand a mobile phone to a member of staff is defiance. This will result in a day in Seclusion. We do not accept responsibility for mobile phones or mobile technology through either loss or theft. Students should also note that the viewing or sharing of offensive materials, or verbally abusing, bullying or inciting aggression towards members of the LEA community via mobile technology is liable to result in a school sanction and/or police intervention.