A high standard of personal appearance is expected of all students. Parents and carers should be aware that any student arriving at the academy wearing incorrect uniform can expect to be either sent home to change, or be placed in isolation for the day until a parent/carer can bring the correct uniform. The academy will not bypass this expectation as a result of receiving notes from parents explaining uniform discrepancies. Exceptions may be considered where notes are supported by a letter from a medical professional.
- Wearing the correct academy uniform is a requirement for ALL pupils in Years 7 - 11.
- Shirts: Please ensure the collar is large enough as the top button will be done up at all times. Shirts should be tucked in at all times.
- A tie and blazer must be worn at all times.
What will not be accepted:
- Extremes in hairstyle and hair colours. i.e. No unnatural colours at all.
- Jewellery, except one small gold/silver stud in each earlobe. Visible facial, tongue and body piercings and other items of jewellery are NOT permitted. Covering with plasters will not be acceptable.
- Nail varnish/false nails/acrylics will automatically be referred to isolation. Only natural nails are permissible.
- Coloured socks (only black socks).
- Excessive make up.
- Caps, hats, coats, jackets and hoodies are not to be worn inside the Academy.
- Boots worn with a skirt.
- Non uniform items worn in the academy e.g. non uniform tops / jumpers.
- Pumps, high heels, trainers, chelsea/high boots or any other inappropriate footwear are not permissible)
*(inappropriate clothing accessories; belts, headbands etc will be confiscated and returned at the end of the week).
- Students arriving in non-uniform items will automatically be referred to isolation.
- Piercings: If a student attends school with piercings, they will be confiscated till the end of the week. If piercings cannot be removed immediately, isolation referral will follow.
- Isolation ends at 3.50pm
Years 7 - 11
Boys and girls both wear:
- Blazer (black with purple piping and academy logo)
- White shirt with collar – short or long sleeved only (not a polo shirt)
- Plain black school trousers – full length. No leggings, jeggings or other inappropriate trousers will be accepted.
- Purple V-neck jumper or sleeveless jumper with Academy logo
- Plain, sensible and safe black shoes (no boots or trainers)
- Outdoor clothing may be worn over uniform to and from the Academy but not in class or assembly
- May choose to wear a plain black school skirt
- Kameez with Academy logo *
- A scarf – if hair needs to be covered for religious reasons.
- Make up may only be worn by girls in moderation
* Girls who choose to wear the kameez are not required to wear the purple V-neck jumper or sleeveless jumper. Jumpers may be worn over a kameez
PE Kit for boys and girls
All students should be prepared to participate in all PE lessons with their correct kit:
- Black shorts (optional for female students)
- Black tracksuit bottoms
- Academy PE T-Shirt
- Change of socks
- Academy Hoody (optional)
Other essential items: The Stationary shop will be open at break and lunch times
- The 5 basics: Academy Planner, Pen, pencil, Ruler & Bag
- Full PE kit when required
Academy Uniform Suppliers
This uniform is available to order from Uniformity through the academy or online from September 2014 directly from Uniformity. Orders and will be delivered free to the academy. The prices and sizing guidelines are available at the website listed below.
Extra school ties are available from main reception at a cost of £3.50 per tie.
Please note that only genuine items of uniform may be worn and these cannot be purchased from any other outlet or shop.
Contact supplier details:
3-5 Town Street,
Tel: 0113 2566020